Gert,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

It seems there are a lot of problems to overcome before one can easily execute a global roll-out over several countries.

Mai-Britt,

When can we expect the new release AND will all the current DIS layers be integrated?

What kind of development rules exist for the country localizations?
For example I am trying to install the Belgian DIS layer on top of SP2 and I am getting errors on the field contactpersonname. Apparently a new field has been added to the CompanyInfo table. What happens if other countries implement the same field but for other purposes? Or do you have rules that prevent these kind of things.

Regards,
Danny

"Gert Neetesonne (Hotmail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunately, MBS is promising our customers that Axapta is an application
which is proven for multiple countries, and leaving us partners with the
trouble. Partners have to merge DIS-layers themselves (for which customers
do not want to pay), and MBS refuses to import these merged layers in a
"customized" DIS-layer.

Good strategy, because that way, they can sell an extra BUS-license on the
back of the customer. If the customer does not want to buy it, the merged
local version mixes up with the tailor made software in the VAR-layer
(making upgrades crazy)

Moreover, when a new release or major comes out, it takes up to 3 months
before all new DIS-layers are released.

Now MBS is also merging DIS-layers, but they aren't usable if you have an
installation with companies from more than country. The country specific
functionality is linked to a configuration key. A configuration key can be
switched on or off for the whole application (i.e. for all companies). So,
you should switch on all keys for all countries you have. In the code, they
check if a configuration key is enabled to execute code. This implies that
in an installation with Belgian and Dutch functionality the functionality
for both countries will be executed, and not one of them.

Of course, this implies that modifications are still necessary, even if
layers have been integrated.

Seems we still have a long way to go.

Gert Neetesonne

EDAN Business Software