From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 March 2004 16:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [development-axapta] want to understand how to create a record in the table (SQL) by writti

Hi Girish,

I do not like external software writing in the Axapta tables. The reasons for that you describe yourself (problems with Recid).

Whar I like to do on integrations is to create an table that Axapta cann't se. (Other User, and/or other Database). I then use the ODBC class to access this table and pull the data into Axapta. Using Axapta to pull the Data solves the problem with Recid, gives you controle over tha datavalidation within Axapta.

Try something like this:

    LoginProperty   lp;
    OdbcConnection  _odbc;
    Statement       _sql;
    ResultSet       _records;
    ;

    lp = new LoginProperty();
    lp.setDatabase('MyDB');
    lp.setDSN('MyDNS');
    lp.setUsername('MyUser');
    lp.setPassword('MyPassword');

    try
    {
        _odbc = new ODBCConnection(lp);
    }
    catch
    {
        info("Not loged in.");
    }
    _sql = _odbc.createStatement();
    _records = _sql.executeQuery('SELECT ItemId, Qty FROM ExchengeTable');

    while (_records.next())
    {
        print _records.getString(1);
        print _records.getReal(2);