check out the itemName method of the InventTable table. At a quick glance
that seems to build the item name based on logic around the inventDim table.

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Gaethofs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 May 2004 5:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [development-axapta] BOM Line Item Name

Oliver,

Thanks I had noticed the DataMethod was there on the property sheet of the
grid, but I was not able to find the method.

I found it now, but still have a question about it.
the method itemNameGrid activates the method itemName on the table BOM.

This method returns the item name as follows:
return InventTable::find(this.itemID).itemName(this.inventDim());

What I do not understand is how the name is assembled if a record entry
exists in the inventDim table. Am I overlooking something here.

regards,
Danny

Oliver Mestdagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Check out the DataMethod property of the StringEdit:ItemName field.
This is set to itemNameGrid which is a method on the BOM table.