I can do that but then ill get the hole column not just the value in 1,1 ( a )

    l  1  l  2  l
-----------------
1  l  a  l  b  l
------------------
2  l  c  l  d  l

if i do what you told me the output would look something like this:

a  b
b  d

I want to get all the data in the rows i select in the database, and be able to
pick one if i want to is it possible or should i make a lot of select
statements instead ?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
Try:

str    column1;
str    column2;
while(ResultSet.next())
{
    column1 = getString(1);
    column2 = getString(2);
    your code...
}

/Otto

Thanks it works fine ... is it possible to put the data into an
array ? I think it would be easier for mee because otherwise ill have
to have some very defined SQL statements.
I get a form of list ( Because i selected 2 rows in the database )
and as far as i can se it's not possible to those one of them like
this getstring(1,1) ?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> HI
>
> try this
> static void SQLStmt_Demo(Args _args)
> {
>     Connection  Connection;
>     Statement   Statement;
>     ResultSet   ResultSet;
>     str         myString;
>     ;
>     // Create a new connection to the Axapta database
>     connection = new Connection();
>     // Create a statement for the new connection
>     Statement = connection.createStatement();
>     // Execute a select statement in the new connection
>     Resultset = statement.executeQuery("select AccountNum from
vendtable");
>     // retrive a string from the first collumn in the resultset
>     while (ResultSet.next())
>         info(ResultSet.getString(1));
>
> }
>
> /Jesper

Nov-2004 12:54)
> From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> > I can't find the getstring command i can only find one called
tostring

> > I can't figure out how to use that one when i use it  something
like
> > this
> >
> > S.executeQuery( select ....... );
> > S.toString()
> >
> > If i get axapta to print the s.toString it only says: Class
Statement

> > Could u give a exampel of how to do it ?
> >
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED],
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > You get a resultset(Class) from a statement.
> > >
> > > You extract a string with the method getstring.
> > >
> > > /Jesper

Nov-
> > 2004 13:33)
> > > From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > statement

> > select

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129h3lvho/M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006764:HM/EXP=1100678897/A=2426682/R=0/SIG=11edksnhv/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185402>
 click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5584357.6650215.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2426682/rand=547094830>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*      To visit your group on the web, go to:

*      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM