Preston,

After reading this discussion I did some test on the
CustTable. I am working on a generic conversion tool
in my spare time. The merge method could solve a few
problems I encountered.

I however have a question, if the merge method
encounters duplicate records in one of the children it
is trying to merge an error is thrown and the merge is
aborted.

This happens with the table SalesJournalAutoSummary in
which records are created for each customer.

How are you dealing with these duplicate records?
I assume you have identified these situations and deal
with them before executing the merge. Is that correct?

regards,
Danny Gaethofs

<http://www.axaptalink.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=52&task=v>
> &task=view&id=52&task=v