Hi,

That was actually my original configuration and doesn't help much,
because during the day, there is always at least one user logged in so
the AOS will hardly shut down, and even if it did - it would not shut
down the service but only the instance.

In the mean time i have found out that socket error 10054 probably
refers to lost packets on the network.

That is why I am now experimenting with the follwing way: I have
assigned a specific port number to the AOS and have the clients
(especially those that connect through a ISDN-router) connect directly
to this port via the command line option. This eliminates the initial
UDP communication between clients and server, as my impression was that
the AOS "crash" alway occured when an ISDN client initially tried to
connect and some packets seemed to be lost.

Regards
Stefan Osterburg