Hi,
Whatever I run this code, it doesn't work. The error message is:

Method 'Run' in COM object of class 'Excel.Application' returned
error code 0x800A03EC (<unknown>) which means: The
macro 'c:\Documents and Settings\jwang\Desktop\MonthlyTest.xls !
Macro1' cannot be found.
why???
thanks

Jesse

--- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, Amund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This Axapta job works for me (Axapta 3.0, Excel 2000 on W2K):
>
> static void ADB_ExcelMacro(Args _args)
> {
>      COM xlApp;
>      ;
>
>      xlApp = new COM("Excel.Application");
>      xlApp.Visible(1);
>      xlApp.Run("MacroTest.xls!TestMacro");
>
>      // ...
> }
>
> Excel will complain, however, if macro security (tools - macro -
security)
> is set to medium or high. Additionally, the specified workbook will
be
> opened by the Run method before the macro is executed, so Excel
will give
> you the [read only][notify][cancel] dialog box if the workbook is
already
> open by another Excel instance.
>
> In effect this means you'll have to save and close your workbook
before
> running any macro on it.
>
> A more elegant solution would probably be to write a VBA
ClassModule with
> public methods which could then be referenced just like any built-
in
> object.
>
> Hope this helps..
> Amund
>
> Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:21:43 +0200 skrev Jens Strandberg
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > The Excel stuff is set up properly and works just fine, when I
run the
> > macro
> > inside Excel.
> >
> > However, doing the "Run" on the COM object in Axapta tells me,
that this
> > cannot be done... :-(
> >
> > Any additional input ?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Jens

Excel
> > (or
> > Word, or..) and use the resulting VBA-code almost as-is in Axapta.
> >
> > Amund
> >

> > Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:50:36 +0200 skrev Jens Strandberg
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >> Hello there,
> >>
> >> I am using COM to display data from Axapta in Excel. Is there a
way to
> >> tell
> >> Excel to run a certain macro once the data has been moved to
Excel ?