The Product Builder (in 3.0 anyway) in my opinion is a bit buggy, you could do it but the maintainence will be an interesting experience for you.
  Kevin

stanfvaninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Thanks for your reply. That's good to know.

What I really need is the ability to save all of the selections made
by the user in the configuration user dialog and be able to reload
them into the product Builder in a subsequent user session. Is that
in the realm of possibility?

Our models will be quite complex with 7 or 8 modelling groups with
well over a hundred variables and we need to be able to edit a
previous session without having to re-enter all the selections and
values. Have you ever seen that sort of thing done with the Product
Builder?

--- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, kevin murray
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can certainly save it as a sales order quote or journal...use a
naming convention to  track.
>   Kevin
>
> stanfvaninger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Our company is just in the process of setting up, populating
tables,
> and doing training on Axapta. It will be several months before we
go
> live.The two consultants that are working with us do not have very
> much knowledge of the Axapta Products Builder.
>
> We are a manufacturing company and would like to use the Product
> Builder to do estimates and quotes on new products. An important
> requirement is that we be able to save the results of a user
session
> of the Product Builder to a table so that it can be edited in the
> future.
>
> Our estimaters have to gather a lot of data and frequently begin
> working on an estimate before all the data has been accumulated.
They
> need the ability to save a user session and return to it at any
time
> to enter additional data and/or edit existing information. They
will
> normally not need to generate the BOM and Route until all the data
> has been entered and verified. I anticipate that they will need the
> ability to copy an existing configuration to a new configuration
and
> then make some changes to the new configuration in order that the
> costs of the two can be compared.
>
> I am not talking about the product models; I understand that these
> are permanently saved (until they are deliberately deleted). What
we
> will need is the ability to keep the results of running the
> configuration user dialog for one of the products models and be
able
> to edit the data previously entered.
>
> Is this possible with the Axapta Product Builder?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]