Hi Daniel, your problem still exists. the thing is, axapta stores the
selection using the enumvalue (integer) within the record level. you
can look at the table browser and look at the saved record. what you
have info-ed is just the text selection of the enum. not the
enumvalue. try infoing this.selection() and see the difference.
cheers. i am also currently playing with hidding enum list. but have
not found a good way. will experiment with the below suggested options
by lenard as well.

--- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, daniel lim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi Lennart,
>
>   i use something like this:
>
>   in combox:enter:
>
>   public void enter()
> {
>     super();
>       //EnumABC has element A, B,C
>       this.delete(enum2str(EnumABC::B));
>   }
>
>   in combobox:modified:
>
>   public boolean modified()
> {
>     EnumABC    _EnumABC;
>     boolean ret;
>
>       ret = super();
>
>       _EnumABC = str2enum(_EnumABC, this.getEditText());
>
>       info(strfmt('%1',str2enum(_EnumABC,this.getEditText())));
>       info(strfmt('this is %1',_EnumABC));
>       return ret;
> }
>
>   in this example, i remove element B, at clicked method, it return
correct value for A and C as well.

>   any problem with this code?is this recommended? pls advice and thx.
>

>   daniel
>
> Lennart Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   If you use this approach (override enter), you will remove the enum
> value, but the remaining values in the enum will have their values
> shifted:
> E.g
> You have the enum (Quarter 1 = 1, Quarter 2 = 2, Quarter 3 = 3 Quarter
> 4=4)
> If you remove, Quarter 3, you will get 3 returned if you select Quarter
> 4. This is most likely NOT what you wan't.
>
> I know of two approaches to this problem that works:
>
> Option 1.
> -Create a new enum, that contains the elements you want to display and
> have the same values as the original enum elements
> e.g Quarter 1 = 1, Quarter 2 = 2, Quarter 4=4), if you wan't to hide
> quarter 3.
> -create an edit method on the appropriate table that returns the new
> enum. It could look something like this:
> edit QuarterTypeNoQuarter3 QuarterTypeNoQuarter3boolean _set,
> QuarterTypeNoQuarter3 _QuarterTypeNoQuarter3)
> {
>     QuarterTypeNoQuarter3 QuarterTypeNoQuarter3;
>     ;
>
>     if (_set)
>     {
>         this.QuarterType = any2int(_QuarterTypeNoQuarter3);
>
>         if (!this.validateField(fieldnum(YourTable, QuarterType)))
>         {
>             this.QuarterType = this.orig().QuarterType;
>         }
>     }
>
>     QuarterTypeNoQuarter3= any2int(this.QuarterType);
>
>     return QuarterTypeNoQuarter3;
> }
> - drag the edit method to your form, instead of the table field
> - You might want to exclude any records that have the hidden enum value
> so the dont appear to have a blank value
>
> Option 2: This is more complex, but can be used if you want to disable
> different enums, e.g based on a caller.
> - create an edit method that returns the enum
> In pseudo code, this is what you have to do:
> - Loop through all the values in the dictenum
>       - if the value is to be excluded you must map all the remaining
> enumvalues to the right value so they do not shift value, e.g Using a
> Map
>       - else if the value is not excluded, but have been adjusted in
> the       step       above, you must also adjust the forthcoming values
>       - else the mapping is ok
>
> - based on the input to the method, you can lookup the correct value in
> your map and return it.
>
> I have some none-production code, that I can provide, if you need it for
> option 2, but I recommend option 1, if possible
>
> /Lennart Conrad

Support exchange

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.