-----Original Message-----
From: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Savage
Sent: 26 April 2006 20:10
To: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [development-axapta] Business Views

James

The way I have done that in the past is to write an actual SQL
statement, execute it and retrieve the record set and report on that.

Something like:

static void Job3(Args _args)
{
    Connection  con;
    Statement   statement;
    ResultSet   resultSet;
    Str         sqlSelect;
    ;

    con         = new Connection();
    statement   = con.createStatement();

    sqlSelect  = "select DATEPART(yy,custinvoicetrans.invoicedate) as
Year,";
    sqlSelect += "itemId as Item, SUM(qty) as Qty ";
    sqlSelect += "from custinvoicetrans ";
    sqlSelect += "where dataareaid = 'DMO' ";
    sqlSelect += "GROUP BY DATEPART(yy,custinvoicetrans.invoicedate),
ItemId";

    resultSet = statement.executeQuery(sqlSelect);

    while (resultSet.next())
    {
        info(strfmt("%1  %2
%3",resultSet.getInt(1),resultSet.getString(2),resultSet.getReal(3)));
    }
}

In the above example, it does limit the company, but, if you remove that
line, it will report across all companies.

You will then need to load the data to a temp table to allow you to use
Axapta's reporting, but that will do it.

The code should be executed within the report (obviously!)

Cheers

Mike Savage
Sense Enterprise Solutions Ltd