Jim,
Not exactly a follow up question but wondering if you have come
across the following situation in your experience.

I am upgrading an installation from 2.5 to 3.0 SP5 KR1. Like you
said, I pointed the upgraded application to open the existing 2.5
dtabase. While going thru the upgrade checklist, I have completed all
steps thru pre-synchronize data upgrade, the next step being
synchronize. One of he error messages I have received at the end of
synchronization is as follows.

Error      Synchronize      Cannot execute a data definition language
command on  ().

The SQL database has issued an error.
Info      Synchronize      SQL error description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
Server Driver][SQL Server]Column name 'INVENTDIMID' does not exist in
the target table.

Info      Synchronize      SQL statement: CREATE   INDEX I_019NUMIDX ON
BOMCALCTABLE
(DATAAREAID,ITEMID,INVENTDIMID,BOMID,ROUTEID,PRICECALCID)

Many tables from version 2.5 (eg 'BOMCALCTABLE' shown above) with the
field ConfigId have been modified in 3.0 as follows.
1. Rename the field ConfigId to DEL_ConfigId
2. Add field InventDimId.

>From what I know, synchronization step should take care of this by
updating undelying database table automatically to match table
definition in AOT. Instead of doing that, it complains it can't find
the field inventDimId while trying to create an index that includes
InventDimId.

Can you please help me understand what is happening here.
Thanks

Chwaszczewski, Jim
> Sent: 24 March 2006 00:25
> To: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [development-axapta] Axapta Upgrade
>

> Hi James.  Interesting is definitely the word for Axapta upgrades.
The
> service pack brings in new SYP, GLP, DIP layers.  I do the code
upgrade
> to the current release and service pack.  I then open the old 2.5
> database with the new application which starts the whole data
upgrade.
> There are separate "ReleaseUpdateDB..." classes for moving the data
from
> 2.5 to 3.0 and then from 3.0 to the current SP.
>
> So far, I haven't had any major problems.  According to Microsoft,
> Axapta service packs are cumulative so if a service pack becomes a
> required stopping point on the way to another release, then it
shouldn't
> be a service pack, it should be a new release like 3.5.  I
definitely
> put up a fuss when Microsoft creates more problems for upgrades.
> Upgrades take enough time as is and it hard to bill clients for
extra
> work caused by Axapta's developers (we end up eating the time).
With
> all that said, I have a great time working with Axapta.  I'm looking
> forward to seeing 4.0.
>
> Jim Chwaszczewski
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Computer part Programming languages Microsoft axapta
Support exchange

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS