From: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mdegroot1950
Sent: Wednesday, 17 May 2006 5:44 PM
To: development-axapta@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [development-axapta] How to find out how far on the page a report has printed

Hello colleague Axapta developers,

I have a report with a table field which can be 1000 characters
long, but it can also contain zero or a few characters. With setting
the property dynamic height to true, printing of this field works OK.

But since there can be a variable number of lines used for printing
this field, I want to know either the height of the field (all the
lines together) plus the height of every other line which I print,
or alternatively I want to know what the current height is where the
next line will be printed.

Getting the current print position (e.g. in mm from the top of the
page) will be the easier way, but if I can ask the height (in mm) of
every line which will be printed (depending on the largest font size
used in the line) then I can just add up those heights and I will
then also know how far on the page the printing has progressed.

There are very many classes and methods available in Axapta, but the
System Documentation Help is very short. It mostly gives only the
name of the method, the return value and the type of the input
parameters.

I would very much appreciate your help on this subject.

Martin de Groot
The Netherlands

Yahoo! Groups Links

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS