In short, it is a bug in the design of this method.
We are using v3sp3, so I'm seeing the same thing.
The result you are getting back is the upper bound of the int type
(2^31-1).
If you look at the code in the numeralsToTxt global method, it uses
int type primitives to split up and process the real number.
If the real number is bigger than 2^31-1, (2.147 billion you will get
the upper boundary as your result.

Best regards,

jms