Hi,

Find the steps to configure bar code. Hope this will be help full to you.

 1. Go to Basic >> Setup >> Bar Code Setup.
 2. Enter a barcode Name and Description.
 3. Select the desired barcode type and font included in Axapta.
 4. Specify a width and save.
 5. Inventory Management >> Items >> Setup >> Bar Codes.
 6. Specify the Item Number, Configuration, Size and Color if needed.
 7. Set the Bar Code Setup Field to the desired code. Mark the
    Scanning box if this code is to be scanned from a barcode into
    Axapta. Mark to be printed if this barcode is to be printed on
    reports. Ex. The ProdRoute report
 8. One way to check the barcode is go to Inventory Management >>
    Reports >> Labels >> Pallet Label >> specify the code and print.

If you prefer different lengths of the various identifying keys, this
could be done in the Application Object Tree like this:
 1. Open the Application Object Tree as a developer.
 2. Select the Extended Data Type needing a different length.
 3. Open the property sheet and set "Extends" to blank by removing
    "SysGroup".
 4. Set "StringSize" to the required length.

Regards,
Balasubramanian.K

--- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, "shikra"