Hi
As I know, VAR layar contains no global solutions such as country/
regional modification or microsoft fixes. VAR is common layer for
third party modification implementation. That meens you cant get any
documentation from anywhere else than the company created or modified
previously created var layer. The same with CUS layer.
Standard axapta contains empty layers - BUS, BUP, VAR, VAP, CUS, CUP,
USR, USP - availability differs from purchased license.
Only difference is AOT table id numbers

There can be difficulties transfering VAR to CUS because data can be
lost if not recoded SQLdictionary correctly. But maybe there are
tools for this purpoose.
SQLDictionary table contains Ax tableId reference to database Id, So
if some table changed layer, it most probably changed its ID and the
old one must be changed to new in SQLDatabase table.
I believe CUS contains 40000 - 49999 ID's and Var 50000 - 59999.

But again - no difference in what layer code exists, if it only is on
the top layer. Othervise only upper level code will execute.

BR

Ziedinsh

--- In development-axapta@yahoogroups.com, "S. Umit" <akme...@...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One of the clients asked me that her company is using VAR layer -
when they purchased it, the third party sold and installed the
VAR layer on their server. She wants to change that layer to CUS
layer -perhaps some admin purposes. There is no detailed info about
these layers specifically for the business point of view, or I am not
aware of it yet.

> Can somebody let me know the differences between these two layers?
Especially the usage/modifications/financing/promos are concerned?