I found instructions on msdn library on how to add the Master Company
Reporting Currency. (Walkthrough: Creating a Cube).  However, I am surprised
that in my case I need to do this even for standard AX cubes!

Actually, initially I did not need to do this.  All the KPIs displayed fine
with demo data loaded. Then I wanted to experiment with a virtual company to
share the LedgerTable. I was experimenting for learning - trying to do what
is suggested in the document "Extending Microsoft Dynamics 2009 Default
Cubes for Analytics across Virtual Company Accounts".

As soon as I had modified AX to do share the Ledger Table, I could no longer
process the cubes, even when I had created the LedgerTableView and fixed the
LedgerTable select statement. I get the error mentioned below in this email
stream.  I do not understand why the standard cube would start to
require the master company reporting currency if it was not needed before!

I am using SQL 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 on Windows 2008 R2 with AX 2009
SP1, I am unable to create the Reporting Currency Named Query. When I click
Finish, the error shows the SQL for the query which needs to be fixed, but
there seems to be no way to edit the query. If I quit, I do not have a Query
to edit!

So, I have three questions for anyone who has succeeded in working with
virtual companies and this problenm with the Master Company Reporting
Currency:

1) Is there any way with default cubes to avoid getting this error.
2) If not, is it required to map the Master Company Exchange Rate to the
Time dimension for every one of the "time" dimensions (because there are
multiple times (dates) listed among the dimensions of each cube)? Or is it
sufficient to do this only for the dimension that is labeled "Time" without
extra clarification.
3) How can the Reporting Currency Named Query be created correctly without
needing to use the wizard and then (if you can) open and edit the query
(which may not exist!)