I've seen this when selecting too many lines during a transition. For instance,
if your on the sales order form, select a large group of orders, and try to
invoice them. The reason is because AX is trying to append a bunch of nested
if's with the salesid = XXX instead of using an in clause.

Depending on how you've built and selected data for your query you might be
running into the same problem.

The way we get around it with the invoicing is to select just one sales order,
then use the query selector in the popup form (saleseditlines) to use wildcards
to select the needed rows.