AIF has a Channels table with the path that is used for the xml files. In
your code you would need to modify that path to dump the file on a local
folder (selected by the user I presume) then reset it to the former value if
needed. But, I think what you did with the XML Document class was the right
thing to do since AIF is really intended to be a server process.