Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Robin Burchell <robin...@viroteck.net> wrote:
>> Wasn't the policy to first push the code in Qt5, then backport in Qt 4.8?
>
> I'd agree that would make sense to be a policy. But for it to be a
> policy, it needs to be documented and communicated somewhere. You
> can't expect this information to just filter out by itself, or expect
> that it's common sense for everyone.
>
> I don't see this listed on http://wiki.qt-project.org/Commit_Policy.
> Should it be?

Actually, when I read this a second time looking for something
relevant, I see the complete opposite:

"11. Make sure you submit against the lowest applicable branch from
which a release is still planned. Cherry-picks ("backports") are
frowned upon, while forward-merging to more recent branches happens on
a regular basis."