On Tuesday 03 January 2012 12:33:36 Peter Hartmann wrote:
> I also like first making the parts still in use private; getting rid of
> it completely is a bigger task, as it requires rewriting parts of the
> HTTP socket engine and QAuthenticator IIRC.
>
> Peter

Peter,

A version that makes the parts still in use private is already done:
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,11741

As for removing them entirely yes, it would require changes in the HTTP socket
engine and QAuthenticator. But given that both of them use QHttpResponseHeader
I see no reason to duplicate the code in both classes, perphaps it would be
preferable to simply strip the not used functionality from the existing
QHttpResponseHeader class?

The qhttpheader_p.h in my patch has two classes QHttpHeader and
QHttpResponseHeader, I could work on merging and simpĺyfing both of them, what
do you guys think?

Gastal