Hi,

> > > I nice ability QDoc would have is to support other output formats
> > > like XML or JSON, the old QDoc had this feature but it was deprecated
> > > and not documented at all.
> > >
> > > The PySide documentation is generated using the XML output of qdoc3,
> > > but the current version of qdoc3 doesn't support XML output anymore.
> >
> > Oops. Casper, Martin any details about this, and why XML output was
> > dropped? Hugo, any reason why PySide cannot use the normal output?
> > Integration with other help tools?

> XML output was dropped because it wasn't maintained and was never made public,
> it always was a private experimental thing from qdoc3.

> We couldn't use the normal output because we need to modify the Qt
> documentation without touch the Qt sources, so the qdoc3 outputs XML files
> generated from Qt sources, we apply some XSLT's to change small things, then
> we transform those XML's into rst files and send them to sphinx to create the
> docs formatted in a "python friendly" way.

Have you looked at the DITA XML output we generate now? It is pretty stable
now, we tried to use it for the 4.8 DevNet release, but the output was not
fully up to spec at that point. It is now.

You can find more information about DITA XML at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html
The version of DITA Open Toolkit we are using to apply XSLTs can be found at
https://projects.developer.nokia.com/doxygen_dita/files

Casper