On 02/14/2012 08:22 PM, Koehne Kai (Nokia-MP/Berlin) wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that there are variadic macros

I'm aware of this but last time I checked, they weren't in the C++
standard. It seems they're new to C99 and C++11. Grepping over the Qt 5
sources reveals no variadic macros in Qt, though a few exist in third
party bundled code.

I'm not in a position to say "we can use variadic macros in QtCore"
which is why I didn't actually try to do that.

If someone who knows about supported platforms and variadic macro
support in compilers can clarify that we can use variadic macros in Qt,
then we can see if we can actually use variadic macros to differentiate
between:

qDebug("message");
qDebug() << "message";
qDebug(CAT) << "message";

Where the last one expands to if (do_nothing); else debug()

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/