On 30/06/2012 09:53, ext Laszlo Papp wrote:
> What is the policy for creating mailing lists? I have just realized
> this mailing list after a little bit of talk over here at aKademy:
>
> I had the impression previously, those requests should be going
> through the approval on this mailing list, like it happened back
> then with the raspberry mailing list. I would really appreciate
> either that way or an announcement. Not because of making those
> people's life more difficult, but getting informed to not lose
> important things ongoing. Essentially similarly like with other new
> introduces, like playground project and so forth.

I was actually unaware that this mailing list had popped up. It was
probably decided at one of the sessions at the QtCS that this list
should be created, and then it was created silently. That's not good, it
should have been discussed and presented at the development mailing
list, like you suggested, as not everybody could be present at the QtCS,
or even at that particular session.

So yes, I agree with you, new mailing lists needs to be announced.

Can the one responsible for this list please provide the development
list a short description of the new ML and why it was needed?

Thanks!

--
.marius