On domingo, 9 de setembro de 2012 11.39.36, Frank Hemer wrote: > On Sunday 09 September 2012 11:19:41 Thiago Macieira wrote: > > What were you referring to when you said "you cannot be serious about > > that"? > I refer to the very last part of your statement, citing: 'So there's nothing > we need to do now.'
I meant that we don't need to do anything to disable it and avoid the problems
that Ariel has been reporting.
> > If you meant that the Qt 5 support is non-existent, I was serious. It's a
> > fact and I wasn't the one who reported it. All of the input method,
> > pointer
> > and window management systems were rewritten for Qt 5 and, apparently,
> > Wacom support on Windows wasn't re-added yet.
>
> I fully understood.
> But its a showstopper for porting to qt5. I actually expected some more
> people to step up ... up to now I didn't realize that wacom support has
> been removed thus I expect to be not the only one who didn't yet realize.
It hasn't been removed as much as the *entire* support for Windows GUI was
rewritten from the scratch. "Incomplete rewrite" is not the same thing as
"removed intentionally".
I agree it should come back -- provided it works and doesn't have the same
problems as in Qt 4. If it's going to be headache again, then maybe we
shouldn't re-add it.
> Still please understand that I feel this issue might be of more importance
> than it appears right now - once again referring to the increasing
> importance of tablets and alike.
--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
Intel Sweden AB - Registration Number: 556189-6027
Knarrarnäsgatan 15, 164 40 Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ Development mailing list [email protected] http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/development
