On 2012-10-19, André Pönitz <andre.poen...@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
>> Really. I really want, both as a Qt contributor and a Qt packager to
>> ship a pristine Qt. Please help me make it happen.

> Demanding to be relieved from that burden is one thing. Demanding to
> use an approach that will break thousands of other projects is a
> different one. It is unreasonable.

I am a bit saddened by this paragraph. I'm not demanding anything. I'm
*explaining* my situation *hoping* that we can do something.

I could also be *begging* if *you* would prefer that, but I wouldn't
expet that.

I do know that I can't *demand* anything.

I do know, though, that the only way Qt can ensure the same is done on
all distributions is to solve it in Qt.

I will try hard, if the distributions need to solve it, to ensure that
most distros implement it the same way. but I also can't demand anything
there. And I have already heard people saying that qmake-qt5 is a much
better name.

Oh. btw, whattabout a solution with all tools having a 5 suffixed in
/usr/bin and then creating a symlink farm somewhere with unversioned
tools for people who has special needs?

/Sune