On 10 January 2013 20:48, Ruslan Nigmatullin <euroeles...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Qt misses some core features connected with TLS/hashing:
> 1. it's impossible to create "unencrypted" connection to server and
> initialize TLS encyption sometime afterwards (common usecase: connection to
> jabber server).

That's incorrect, you can do that (though personally I regard
protocols that do this as broken).

> 2. HMAC is unsupported, so it's usually impossible to use OAuth with
> hmac-authorization (like "hmac(sha256)")

Adding support for HMAC to QCryptographicHash would be pretty trivial.
I don't see any reason why such a change would not be accepted.

> That's why Qt supports nothing from my needs.
>
> Another one issue - Qt is sometimes shipped to some platforms with
> statically-linked OpenSSL, which makes nearly-to-impossible to use external
> libraries with OpenSSL as dependancy.

I'm not aware of any platforms where we ship with a statically linked
openssl. We dlopen it in the normal case, and link to it as normal
with -openssl-linked.

Cheers

Rich.