On Thursday, October 31, 2013 16:52:28 Jiergir Ogoerg wrote:
> Is there a list of other startup optimizations you're working on
> so that we don't dilute the efforts by working on the same thing?

Not directly related, but I've got some WIP on reducing relocations in Qt.
I've pretty much removed all gratuitous .data.rel.ro.local relocations from
QtGui and QtWidget, reducing relocations in QtGui from 7555 in stable to 5861
(-22%) in my branch and from 18424 down to 17606 (-4%) for QtWidgets. I
haven't touched QtCore, yet, and didn't measure startup time.

You can see some of the Q_STRINGTABLE patches in my Gerrit dashboard, but the
version I have locally is much more powerful (but depends on Boost.PP, so I
haven't bothered to update gerrit yet). That's not the only change, though,
there are a few others.

Thanks,
Marc