Hello,

I've stumbled upon the ABI compliance checker [1], a small tool that checks API/ABI issues across two versions of the same library. It seems to generate sensible reports, so perhaps we should think of using it together with the header reviews. Here's an example of running it on QtWidgets 5.1.1 vs 5.2.0:

http://www.kdab.com/~peppe/qtwidgets_5.1.1_5.2.0_compat_report.html

Of course, not everything it notices is a real problem (changes in private APIs are totally fine, etc.).

[1] http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker

HTH,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dang...@kdab.com | Software Engineer