Hi, i have been doing application that uses maps. Application UI is Qml but
all data is generated on C++ side and once again, thee basic issue, is
there any way to add items from C++ to Qml map.

I used Qt4.8 and there was basically same issue, there was no way to add
any C++ generated stuff on Qml map, no any way to add QGeoMapObject etc to
Qml map. I resolved this issue by making own QML wrapper
around QGraphicsGeoMap that accepts C++ classes.

Then when i switched to Qt5.3, there was no maps at all, I ported Qt4.8
maps to Qt5.3 QtQuick1 and that works nicely. I also noticed that it can't
be ported to QtQuick2 because old maps depend on QGraphicsView.

Now I checked Qt5.3 location maps with qt3d . All fine, it copmpiles and
run but alsp all C++ API is gone and there is still no way to add items
from C++ to map. Even all QGeoMapObjects are gone.

QDeclarativePolylineMapItem jas Path property that is type of QJSvalue  and
that looks only possible hook to c++, create path of polyline in C++ as
QJSvalua and then pass this to Qml ?

What is happening to Qt Maps C++ API ? There is still a lot of us that
generate data displayed on map in C++ code and use Qml only for UI

Kate