A quick report from the contributors summit (I apologize for the delay and
sketchy notes):

* I went though the general approach:

- Setting the scale factor:
        - platform plugin: QWindow::devicePixelRatio, QScreen::devicePixelRatio
        - the user: QT_HIGHDPI_SCALE_FACTOR=2
        - per-screen config file?

- Layering
        - QtWidgets / QtQuick / Application : device-independent pixels
        - QPA: QWindow/QWindowSystemInterface :    scaling layer
        - Platform plugins:  device pixels

- QWindow and platform plugins
        - setGemetry()/geometry() is in device-independent pixels
        - platform plugins must scale when using QWindow API

* There was discussion on several points:
        - There are font kerning issues on Linux (and probably Windows) due to
the scaling. How can we resolve this?
        - Do we really want to add scaling to QtGui? The alternative is to wait
until there is OS support.
        - Windows and its three high-dpi modes.

On to the patch status: (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/86107/)

Based on the patch reviews on gerrit and some discussion on irc I’ve decided
that we don’t have a good enough consensus to merge the patches. I’m putting
them on hold until after the summer break at least.

Morten