On Thursday 10 July 2014 10:07:56 Thiago Macieira wrote:
[snip]
> Creator must be able to handle reading from the system log before logging to
> the system is enabled for that system. On Linux, the code is already there,
> so we have to tell distributions *not* to enable journald yet.

AFAIU from this thread, journald support should not be enabled except "regular
users can read the output". Now what I'm missing here is: if Qt is built with
journald support, can it be still be used if journald is *not* present?

Yes, I happen to be maintaining Qt for a distro in which users can still
choose the init system.

--
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
genius to understand the simplicity.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/