On 11-Jul-14 01:18, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Logging to both is a problem if you have something that is able to read from
> both. On Windows, all debuggers and IDEs read from both. Therefore, the option
> is out.

That's not true. Visual Studio displays output from OutputDebugString in
its debug output pane. The stderr/stdout output is printed to the
console window that gets opened when you run your console application.
The output is separated and that makes perfect sense. Qt Creator could
have a separate output pane for OutputDebugString and we're good.

BTW QTestLib did log to both until 5.2.1.
See 7fab8eb56b9309734d1b34d3d935d6a4cf14ce6e

BR,

Joerg