I know that VideoCapture runs on Android by itself. There are good reasons why I forked CvCapture_Android (horrible Android backend for VideoCapture) and wrote CVCaptureAndroid. If you want to see how bad is the original, try to run VideoCapture by itself on Android, you will see that it' not even capable of delivering 30 FPS due to color space conversions. This is to conform to the even more horrible and undocumented VideoCapture API where a lot of performance is traded away for a bit of simplicity.

About the native camera libs, see the Android build notes here: https://github.com/chili-epfl/qml-cvcamera/blob/master/samples/README.md.