Dmitry Volosnykh schreef op 16-12-2014 09:35:
While I cannot come up with direct application of toString() feature in the projects I am involved in by the moment (except for debugging), I really like it, and remember myself being in a need in such features some time ago. So, me also would like to thank you, Olivier, for the job you've done. I am sure many people will find it handy. Bits like "It is automatically registered as a QMetaType and you do not need Q_REGISTER_METATYPE anymore" are what makes Qt more comfortable to use.

We use it for things like settings and serialization, so yes, it is useful to have.

André