On Monday 08 June 2015 15:36:21 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday 04 June 2015 15:29:10 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > It's time for the header diffs, please help review the changes (Qt 5.4.2
> > to 5.5.0) to make sure nothing that was added to the public headers
> > slipped through when it shouldn't be there.
>
> We seem to be doing API reviews and finding mistakes in the code. Please
> note that the header diff does not include new files, so we're not doing
> API reviews on any new classes.
>
> API reviews should have been done twice already, before RC stage. It needs
> to be done once before the API is merged and once again between the alpha
> and beta releases.
>
> Are we skimping on our processes?

Looking at some of the classes in modules other than QtBase, I get the feeling
they were not widely reviewed, no.

It would probably be a good idea to do an additional header diff (incl. new
headers) on the ML after the alpha. I don't follow the development of modules
other than QtBase closely, nor do I want to, and apparently I'm too strict a
reviewer to be regularly invited on new API :)

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.m...@kdab.com> | Senior Software Engineer