Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2015 um 08:45 Uhr
Von: "Kalinowski Maurice" <maurice.kalinow...@theqtcompany.com>
An: "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macie...@intel.com>, "development@qt-project.org" <development@qt-project.org>
Betreff: Re: [Development] QtCS: Long Term Release discussion
> On Thursday 18 June 2015 08:23:52 Gunnar Roth wrote:
> > > Am 17.06.2015 um 22:35 schrieb Thiago Macieira
> > > <thiago.macie...@intel.com>:

> > > WEC 2013 was never considered deprecated. The deprecation applies to
> > > WEC 7 only.
> >
> > Well ok, but how does Lars Knoll’s sentence "we could make
> > VS2013 the compiler baseline for 5.7.“ fit into this? As the only
> > supported compiler for wec2013 is a cl with v 17.00 aka vs2012.
>
> Apparently VS2013 can also be used for WEC2013.

[Kalinowski Maurice]
Correct, check the discussion here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/113276/

As a summary, SDK makers / board vendors can select to include the VS2013 compiler into their package even though the IDE is VS2012 based. However, that puts quite some requirement on the vendor side and that needs to be evaluated.

Maurice