Op 20-10-2015 om 11:08 schreef Иван Комиссаров:
> Btw, isn't the QStringView is the same as Range<Container>
> { Container::Iterator begin; Container::Iterator end; } ?
> Why we introduce only QStringView/QByteArrayView? Maybe we should
> think about adding range API to all containers?
>
> Alexandrescus presentation about ranges:
> http://www.slideshare.net/rawwell/iteratorsmustgo

More recent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUXNMfaciE (Eric Niebler
on CppCon)

But I think it is a bit early to start doing that, seeing that the whole
idea is still in flux in the STL. I'm sure we don't want to end up with
something incompatible (again), right? Also, a QStringView is more than
"just" a range, as it supports all kinds of string-related API similar
to QString, or so I will assume based on the similar proposal for
std::string_view. (as presented in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gAaNRoon4)

André