Op 5-11-2015 om 00:06 schreef Kevin Kofler:
Welbourne Edward wrote:
I'm looking into QTBUG-49008 and need to work out how diverse
implementations of mktime handle DST transitions: at one end of the year
there's a gap (where 1:59 is followed by 3:00), at the other end there's
a duplicated hour (where 2:59 is followed by a reprise of 2:00 in
Europe, or 1:59 by 1:00 in the USA, IIUC).  While we still need to work
out what behaviour *we* want to give, implementing it is going to depend
on knowing what the platform mktime gives us to work with.
The EU actually defines the switchover time in UTC, so which hour is
duplicated depends on the actual time zone. It's the 3:mm hour in CET/CEST.

Actually, you are right about the sync in the EU (for all clocks) and about the hour that is duplicated depending on the time zone, but I think you are off on the hour it happens. In CET it is 2:mm that is duplicated, in GMT and WET it is 1:mm and in finland (EET) it is 3:mm that is duplicated.

See
http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/europe-dst-end-2015.html

Interesting, I did not know that the summertime adjustment is synchronized in the EU. Interesting little factoid :-)

André