Yes x 1000

On 27/11/15 11:46, Eskil A. Blomfeldt wrote:
Hi!

We've had a few informal discussions locally about the current process
of manually adding bugs to a meta-task in order for them to be
considered blockers for a particular release.

Wouldn't it be more practical if this was baked into the information you
register on the bug itself, so that it can easily be added to filters
and so that you don't have to search for the task to let the release
team know about it?

Our suggestion is: Instead of the meta-task, we use the "Fix version"
field. The combination of "Status: Closed" and "Fix version" is
currently used to indicate the first version containing a particular
fix. "Status: Open" and "Fix version", however, has a very loose
definition at best. Since we're doing time-based releases, it gives a
promise it might not be able to keep, so the preference has been to
leave the field unset until the report is closed.

So we could define it like this: If a bug report is open and has "Fix
version: Qt X.Y", then it will be considered a blocker for Qt X.Y. The
release team will maintain this the same way they maintain the
meta-task, and will override it if they disagree that it should be a
blocker.

When the report is closed, the "Fix version/s" field is set to the
versions that actually contain the fix as before.

-- Eskil