On quarta-feira, 30 de março de 2016 17:00:20 PDT René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> It also illustrates very nicely why I'll keep thinking that it'd be so much
> easier if Qt had a review system to which you can upload the (possibly
> pruned) results of `git diff` (and download it again if needed).

git diff misses the parent commit ID and the commit message. The output from
git format-patch has the commit message, but still misses the parent commit
ID.

Note that upstream Gerrit has a feature to download files from each change, the
full patch as well as the full revision, plus you can edit the files on the
web, not just the commit message. Our Gerrit doesn't have those features
because we can't upgrade and we aren't using the new Gerrit UI.