On sexta-feira, 17 de junho de 2016 12:06:06 PDT Morten Sorvig wrote:
> It is my impression that getting per-screen logical DPI values from X11
> is difficult. I’d very much appreciate feed back here from users on
> various desktops (KDE, GONME, other): Are there settings we can use? We
> need an API or read a config file.

There are expicitly no global settings on X11. There are two main settings,
one for each of those environments: one in GSettings and the other is Qt's
own. And as far as I can tell from the GTK side, it does not support mixing
HiDPI monitors with non-HiDPI ones, something that Qt does.

However, since it doesn't, it means I can't use Qt's feature.

The other problem is that environment variables are not dynamic enough. What
happens if I frequently connect to a HiDPI external monitor and a non-HiDPI
one? (e.g., one in the office, the other at home)

Everyone I ask about this gives the same answer: Wayland.