Michael Zanetti

> Well, in smaller icons you can have less details than in bigger icons,
> so having multiple icons does make sense.

That's fair enough - but the thing that makes sense is having more and
less detailed icons, not bigger and smaller ones.  Of course, you'll
want to use the more detailed one for bigger uses and the less detailed
for smaller uses, but each should cover a wide range of sizes cleanly.

> Also rendering svg icons is
> slower than bitmaps so in some cases that won't work out either.

That means the SVG renderer isn't good enough.  I really wish we could
get hold of the team that implemented Opera's SVG engine in Presto - now
discarded in favour of Chrome - to do the job well: they wrote a good
engine that worked fast.

        Eddy.