Op 21/07/2016 om 16:35 schreef Sze Howe Koh:
On 21 July 2016 at 19:04, Mitch Curtis <mitch.cur...@qt.io> wrote:
Hello.

Stack Overflow Documentation is now in Beta. You can read more about it here:

http://stackoverflow.com/tour/documentation

It is much more accessible than our contribution system, so I see a lot of
documentation/example contributions going there instead of to Gerrit.

I also wonder if we should consider the popularity (i.e upvotes) of the pages
there when we decide which examples to create and add to our documentation.
That makes sense to me. Another similar metric is how often a question
gets asked at our forum, although this is a bit hard to count.

I wonder if the licensing is such that the frameworks like Qt can benefit from the
content by "upstreaming" it into their own documentation.
According to your link, Stack Overflow Documentation contributions are
licensed the same way as regular Stack Overflow, i.e. CC BY-SA 3.0.
We'll need a legal expert's input to be sure, but from what I
understand we can't relicense CC BY-SA 3.0 material under GFDL 1.3...

(Perhaps we can ask Stack Overflow for an exception?)

I'm interested to hear what others think about this.

I still think the removal of the documentation annotation feature that was on the online documentation a year or two ago is regrettable mistake. Instead of extending the feature by making it more fine-grained, be able to integrate it into documentation viewer. There was good content there, and it was discouraging for the members of the community who had been contributing to it to see it just being removed instead of used.

André