On 06/09/16 02:13, Thiago Macieira wrote:
Em segunda-feira, 5 de setembro de 2016, às 12:40:54 PDT, Stephen Kelly via
Development escreveu:
I think something was lost in transit on this point. I don’t think it would
be a PITA to write a CMake buildsystem for Qt. I recall the above point was
in reference to ‘compiling host tools and using them in the build while
cross compiling’. The way CMake makes that possible currently(!) is
implemented separately to the core of CMake with the ExternalProject
module.
That's how it should be. Every single project out there, except for Qt and
possibly GCC itself, builds for one single target. Building something for one
architecture so that it can be run to build another is ungainly and
unexpected.

Whenever you cross-compile Qt, you end up with tools that can only be run on
the host. So Qt's cross-compilation mechanism can't be used to build tools
that can be run on the target platform.

Yes, I have had problems with that in the past too. However, there's nothing preventing building the tools for both the host and the target. I think that would be cleaner (This is independent of buildsystem tool - I would also be happy if the current qmake build did this).

Thanks,

--
Ableton AG, Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Management Board: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl