On 15/09/16 08:57, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:05:15PM +0200, Stephen Kelly via Development wrote:
I want to understand Qbs and what it can do with a dynamic build graph
which CMake can't do.

there is no such thing

Oh, I'm very surprised by that.

That also means I don't understand the great advantage of Qbs, just when I thought I was starting to understand it.

My previous guess about Qbs being able to generate unknown files in a particular location and then determine them by an 'ls' equivalent, moc them and compile everything is not something Qbs would be able to do.

so what it all comes down to is that qbs is, as in pretty much every
other regard, simply more elegant than cmake

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

I'm still interested in a Qbs solution to the code/repo I posted before. A full and preferably working Qbs solution, instead of a snippet, would be good for comparison.

Thanks,

--
Ableton AG, Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Management Board: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl