On Monday 19 September 2016 18:20:48 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Should we do fuzzy comparisns in QVariant?

If you talk about op==, then using fuzzy compare is a definite no-no, because
it makes it impossible to define a hash function.

Fuzzy comparision should be performed with a named function, qFuzzyCompare,
and _only_ with that function.

We need to fix other classes for Qt 6, too (e.g. Q(Size|Point|Line)F.

That said, a qFuzzyCompare(QVariant, QVariant) would probably be useful, but
requires extensive extra work, like hashing a QVariant, too.

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.m...@kdab.com> | Senior Software Engineer