Louai Al-Khanji said:
> this is not a bureaucratization process.

It is about having a way to document the final conclusions of
discussions we already have.  In the process, it shall also force us to
be explicit and leave fewer dangling ambiguities, where different
parties have subtly different interpretations, because the final QUIP
shall be one document, rather than a scattered mess of correspondence
spread across several months of a mailing list archive, with references
back to earlier discussions relating to similar topics.  Newcomers shall
only have one place to look to get up to speed.

(I should note, though, that this *is* a bureaucratization process; it's
just that it's *the good kind* - yes, those do exist.  Bureaucracy may
have spawned some heinous and easily-noticed messes; but it's actually a
technology - an information technology, no less - that helped
revolutionise the way the world was run (roughly a quarter millennium
ago) and usher in the modern era.)

I'll third the motion that we should start a repo for QUIPs,

        Eddy.