Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Don't assume. The question stands.

Actually the answer is yes. If this message is printed as a red herring, that's
a bug, so also a problem. It would mean that even with the libraries present I
couldn't build WITH support for GStreamer and/or PulseAudio.

As Oswald pointed out, there are supposed to be options that determine how
QtMultiMedia is to be configured. It isn't clear how to pass those options to
the toplevel configure script, and I haven't succeeded to do that until now.
That's a fishy problem too.

I have followed a complementary approach: I created a patch that causes the
pulseaudio and gstreamer checks in QtMultiMedia's configure.json to search for
something inexistent, and thus fails. With this, configure prints that the
features will not be supported, and that is NOT a void claim.

I have more urgent matters to pursue than checking if a build that is announced
to contain non-desired features will indeed contain them. I may do that later.