Hi,

I just realised: Since C++17, noexcept is part of the mangled name. That means that adding noexcept to an exported function is BiC now! Please be aware of this when reviewing patches.

Since non-template inline members of exported classes are exported, too, in MSVC Debug builds, the same is true for them: You can no longer add noexcept to inline functions of exported classes (yet another reason to avoid exporting non-polymorphic classes wholesale; individually export single functions instead).

Do we need a new macro (Q_DECL_CPP17_COMPATIBLE_NOTHROW?) that expands to nothing on MSVC Debug builds?

Or should we simply dodge the issue and declare debug builds of Qt not subject to BC on MSVC?

Thanks,
Marc