On 07.12.2017 15:53, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
1) sync minor versions to Qt release version:
For Qt 5.11, we would provide QtQuick.Controls 2.11
This way, the challenge for the user is only to find out if it's version 1, 2
or 5.

This sounds troublesome if Qt 6.0 comes when Qt Quick Controls would still like to stay in the same major version. 2.0?

2) Make the minor version import optional and we pick the lastest. This should
be optional to prevent the name clashes described above and shifts the risk to
the user.
In practice I'd expect this to be pretty safe.
import QtQuick.Controls 2 would then give the latest version available.

3) Make even the major version optional and we'd pick up the latest version.
import QtQuick.Controls would give version 2.11 with Qt 5.11.

Optional versions in the import statement sound good to me.

--
Kari